Tuesday, December 23, 2008

remember that car in the ditch...

yeah, that car is gone.

When was I in the ditch? 3 1/2 weeks ago?? Apparantly my luck hasn't turned yet. God is really testing me. And as much as I want to say "bring it on G-O-D!" I'm afraid I can't. I know God only gives you things you can handle but I'm really at my breaking point. It's like He's saying "I know you had trouble believing in me and I know that you are fully giving yourself over to me...so let's just test you and make sure you stick around." Well guess what big guy? I'm not going anywhere! Is it rough? Sure is. Am I majorly stressing because not only will I be unemployed in a week but I'm now carless--and how in the heck am I going to get a job if I don't have a car to get to interviews? Absolutely. I might be at my breaking point but that doesn't mean I'm going to break. I'm going to take whatever God gives me as hard as it is to handle.

For those that are confused, I'll give you the short story. Picked up Cat this morning. Got on 36. Crashed into a car that had already crashed into a van that had already crashed into a car. Got it? That would make me the, yes, fourth car in that accident. Right after my car crashed, the state patrol showed up and blocked off 36 so if you were watching the news and heard about the accident that shut down 36...yeah...I was in there. Cat's okay, thank God. We're both a little sore and our backs are really stiff but if that's the worst that happened to us, I think we're in pretty good shape. As much as I sit here and dwell on the fact that I no longer have a car, I am alive and that counts for something right?

With that said, I have a message for you, big guy up above: "I'll take whatever you give me and I'll handle it as best as I can. If you decide that you're not done testing me yet, then I say it bring it on. But I would also like you to know that I'm not giving up on you--much like I don't want you to give up on me. So, you can keep pouring it on if you'd like, but if you've had enough, then I think I've had enough too. A little good luck Some of God's amazing grace would hit the spot right about now. Thanks."

No comments: