Thursday, February 26, 2009

back to basics

I feel like I need to get back to the things that make me the happiest.

Playing the piano. Working out. Taking pictures. Eating healthy. Going to sleep at a decent hour. Waking up and getting started for the day. Going for walks. Writing. Playing basketball.

The list could go on and on, honestly. As time goes on and I seem to dwell more and more on being unemployed and all the negative things that have happened, I realized that life is what I make it. Cliche right? But true. While I may not have all control over getting a job, I do have control over my attitude and what I make of this exact part of my life that God has given me. There's a reason God has chosen for me to be unemployed right now. I have faith that I will get a job--at just the time God has planned.

So, for now...I'm going to focus on the things that made me happy when Phil was around (see here if you're confused) because, if you really think about it, those things should still make me happy. And maybe I've been so (I don't want to use the word 'depressed' because that has such horrible connotations with it) but maybe I've been bummed out (that works) because I haven't allowed myself to not only enjoy the things I used to love but actually do the things I love! I'm hoping that by getting back into the things that make me feel most alive, I'll be out of this slump, for lack of a better word, and back to my old self...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Live it up b4 you have all those commitments! I would even say travel if you can but I know no job = little money. Hope you get to start enjoying what u love soon!