Monday, December 29, 2008

here's my baby

Car update: Here she is! I'm sure you've all seen much, much worse--I know I have. But, to me, this was as scary as it gets. I know that it could have ended a lot worse than it actually did and the only thing I can do is thank God that it didn't. As you can see, all the damage was done to the front drivers side. That's another thing I immediately thanked God for--keeping Cat (as much as possible) out of harms way and allowing my side to get the brunt of it. In fact, I think the first thing I said to Cat was "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I'm so glad my car turned so it was on my side and not yours!" to which she responded by giving me a huge hug and saying how thankful she was that we were both safe and uninjured.

It's crazy to think that such a small amount of damage (I know, I know, that's a lot of damage--but in the grand scheme of things and in comparison to the size of my car, it's really not a large amount of damage) can cost $3-4,000 to fix! Ahh! Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that nothing more than a stiff back and neck happened but it's just such bad timing!


I'm currently looking for both cars AND jobs--I've already applied at a few (dreaded) retail positions and I'm sending out my resume like a madwoman. I guess I should count these 3 days in between LNT closing and mom coming home as a blessing to get out as many resumes as possible and apply for as many jobs as I can. I'm at moms through New Years Day and I spend January 4th-the 12th (I believe) with Christie and Kennedy while Jeff is out of town so hopefully by then, I'll have at least one, if not two, jobs to update with! In a perfect world, I would be able to start my job as soon as I'm done staying with Christie. Don't get me wrong, I know I need a job ASAP and would, obviously, accept any position I'm offered (even if it meant working while staying with Christie) but, oh, wouldn't it be nice to just have these two weeks and start working my butt off after that? :)



"Let not your heart be troubled. Ye believe in God, believe also in me. "
John 14:1

No comments: