Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Detox-Day 9

Umm...is tomorrow the last day of my detox? Really? I'm pretty sure that has to be wrong--because in no way, shape, or form does it feel like I've been on such a restricted diet for the past 9 days! It is definitely a great building block for the future.

I do have a couple of notes for today though--my weight 'loss' seems to be tapering off a bit. I didn't lose anything again today. However, I did start a new set of workouts (basically strength training: think dumbbells, yoga mat, and stability ball) at home that I've been doing the past couple days and I'm wondering if maybe that has contributed to the decreased/no weight loss. I can definitely see and feel (think sooore) a difference in certain areas of my body that I wasn't seeing much difference. And we all know that muscles weighs more than fat--so I'm guessing that's what's causing this--in which case, as long as I can keep seeing a difference, I'm okay with it...especially because eventually it will have to come off in one way or another!

I've been doing a lot more ab workouts as well...I was getting frustrated that I wasn't seeing a difference in my stomach. What I've noticed is that since I've started focusing more on my abs, I can see a difference in my lower half of my abs...but the middle stomach is still a problem area (think: where all the rolls collect! haha) so I'm going to try to find a few routines that focus on that specific area.

Lastly, I will probably gain 3 pounds back on Thursday because it's definitely going to be my cheat day! Subway, here I come! Honestly, it probably won't be as bad as I'm making it seem...my stomach has definitely shrunk so I'm not sure how much I'll actually be able to eat! But, after Cheat Day Thursday, it will be back to the grindstone on Friday! I will definitely be keeping the main aspects of this detox in mind but I am excited to add some new things in that I've learned. I'm excited for egg whites for breakfast, whole wheat toast, string cheese, yogurt...all things that are definitely still good for me and will benefit my healthy lifestyle but that weren't allowed on the detox!

I digress...onto today!

Breakfast: banana, protein shake
lunch: oatmeal with blueberries
snack: carrots
dinner: turkey burger, veggie sticks
workout: 20-minute elliptical, 30-minute weights, 15-minute treadmill

Day 1: down 1 lb.
Day 2: down 1.5 lbs.
Day 3: down 1 lb.
Day 4: down .5 lbs.
Day 5: down 0 lbs.
Day 6: down 1.5 lbs.
Day 7: down .5 lbs.
Day 8: down 0 lbs.
Total: down 6 lbs.

No comments: