Monday, June 15, 2009

Detox-Day 8

Only 2 days left? Seriously? Wow..that's pretty awesome! I'm still doing good--I'm definitely getting to that point where I "can live without" but "would really enjoy" certain things--ya know, like bread...a glass of milk...some pasta...and, oh yeah, that absolutely wonderfully smelling piece of pizza Christie bought from Costco!! haha *sidenote* I actually told Christie today...when I started this detox, I thought for sure that as soon as it was over, I was going to be heading to Chipotle for a nice big old burrito! But as the detox goes on, do you want to know what I'm craving? Subway. No joke...I am actually craving the healthiest "fast food" that is out there! I just thought that was pretty ironic and funny :)

No, but for real, the truth is if I want to continue a healthy lifestyle, I'm going to have temptations all. the. time. So I better get use to them now. Once this detox is over it doesn't mean I can never indulge in pizza or pasta or even, gasp!, eating more than normal! But the trick is to never continually overdo it...and if I do end up eating more at one meal, I will need to adjust my schedule for later that day (or vice versa--if I know I'm going to be eating more later, I eat less earlier). Not to mention that once I get down to where I want to be--weight and health-wise--while I will still have to be acutely aware of what I'm putting into my mouth and exercising, I won't have to be as meticulous because I won't want to continue losing weight.

Okay, I feel like these detox updates are turning more into me just going on and on about random stuff than an actual update so I'll try to stop that for the next 2 days! haha Today's rundown...

breakfast: protein shake, bowl of fruit
workout: 30-minute aerobics at home
lunch: almonds, cherries (I know it looks like an insanely light lunch but I had a late breakfast--and a big one at that!)
snack: veggie straws
dinner: chicken, strawberries, mango
workout: 35-minute elliptical, 250 crunches, 30-minute weights, 15-minute treadmill

Day 1: down 1 lb.
Day 2: down 1.5 lbs.
Day 3: down 1 lb.
Day 4: down .5 lbs.
Day 5: down 0 lbs.
Day 6: down 1.5 lbs.
Day 7: down .5 lbs.
Total: down 6 lbs.

2 comments:

Christie, Jeff and Kennedy said...

and that mango wasn't too bad, was it? ;)

Together We Save said...

wow - great weight loss.