Thursday, June 11, 2009

Detox-Day 4

It is crazy to think that I am almost halfway through this detox!! I remember, before I even started, I thought this was going to be the longest 10 days of my life! In college, I tried the fruit & veggies detox (basically, it's exactly what it sounds like--all you eat is fruit & veggies for 10 days) but there were a couple problems with that one...a) I didn't limit what I could drink...so throw milk, soda, and beer...well that adds a lot of calories! and b) I never actually lasted the full 10 days...I think the longest I lasted was 7 days.

So, this time, I am determined not to cheat and to go the full 10 days. It's definitely easier since there are a lot of foods you can have besides fruit & veggies. Today has been great! Still no cravings, still following the detox to a T :) I actually really like this detox because unlike the fruit & veggies detox or the master cleanse ("the lemonade diet"--you may have heard of that--a friend of mine actually started that the same day I started this detox and she said it was so hard, she only lasted 3 days!), there are a lot of things you can eat that will give you a very solid basis for healthy living after the detox is over. Obviously, I will slowly be adding in extra things like ketchup and salad dressing, etc...but it helps that I'll be able to remember that I don't need those things and I don't need to go overboard with them. Ooh! Another thing that I did today that was fantastic, was I made a turkey burger and since I can't have any bread, I wrapped a piece of lettuce around it as the "bun"...oh. my. goodness. It was sooo good--I may not even need to go back to buns after this!

Anyways, now that I'm done rambling, here was what today looked like:
breakfast: banana, protein shake
lunch: turkey burger wrapped in lettuce, carrots
dinner: a big bowl of fruit (watermelon, canteloupe, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries--you name it)
workout: 20 minute treadmill, 20 minute elliptical, 30 minute weights, 250 crunches, 15 minute treadmill
snack: protein shake, cherries

Day 1: down 1 lb
Day 2: down 1.5 lbs
Day 3: down 1 lb
Total: down 3.5 lbs!!

Don't forget to check back tomorrow--half way point!!

No comments: