Monday, June 29, 2009

New Challenge

So ever since I finished the detox, I saw my weight creep up about 3 pounds. I know, it's only 3 pounds right? But that's still a lot considering I want to continue going down! I've definitely been getting back on track the past couple days and it feels good to see that number start to go down again--I actually talked to Todd (the owner of my gym) and he gave me a few new things to add into my routine.

My problem was that I wasn't switching up my routine. I know this is something I am supposed to be doing but I think I just got so comfortable with my routine and liked what I was doing that I didn't want to switch it up! But when you don't alter your routine every once in awhile, you kind of hit a plateau and I think I was getting to that point. So, now when I'm on the treadmill/elliptical, instead of doing the 'weight loss' programs, he wants me to do it manually--then as I go along, I need to switch up the incline and resistance. I'm also adding in 10 minutes on the stair stepper machine--which I can definitely tell is working! And he gave me a few new ab/weight workouts so focus on my tummy and under arms. It's going great so far and I feel like the new programs will definitely help me out!

Onto the new challenge...

I found a new blog the other day (gotta love the internet!) called Amy's Quest to Skinny--and she is putting on a 15-week challenge. It will probably be easier to link to it than to try and explain everything so I'll just do that...go here if you want to check it out! It starts today and I am super pumped..I think it will be nice to have different challenges every week and since it lasts through mid-October, it will keep me going for awhile!

I might track my progress here--I might not! Who knows? But I feel like this blog has turned into all about weight loss and that's not what it was (solely) intended for...so hopefully I'll be back soon with something else!

No comments: