Sunday, March 15, 2009

weight check #2

This week: down 3 pounds
Total: down 3.5 pounds

Wait what? I'm the one that just typed that and I'm still not sure I can believe it. And to be honest, I'm not really sure how it happened...I've got something to admit. I didn't go to the gym Monday. Or Tuesday. Or...Wednesday. Or Thursday. I know, I know...I'm mad at myself too. I went Friday and Saturday and I'll be going in about an hour tonight. And ya know what...even though I've lost 3 pounds this week, I didn't start feeling good again until Friday....and I'm pretty sure that has to do with going to the gym again.

But even though I was horrible and didn't go to the gym until Friday, still being able to lose 3 pounds goes to show what just eating healthier can do. I tried to be even better than last week about eating healthier and it obviously paid off! It still doesn't ease my conscience about not going to work out (and it shouldn't) but it does make me feel better knowing that just eating healthier makes a difference.

Next weeks goal: 2 pounds

Even though I lost 3 pounds this week, I'm not going to be stupid enough to convince myself that I can do that every week. Plus, since I *am* going to try and get to the gym every day, I know that with building muscle, it's harder to lose weight. But trust me, I have enough to lose. It shouldn't be a problem!

*favorite meal of the week* whole wheat pita cut in half, filled with lettuce, cheese, & ham along with a serving of pita chips and raspberry lime spring water...total calories: 340

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep up the hard work! eating right is hard to do but sounds like your doing great!