Monday, March 9, 2009

weight check 1

And the verdict is....

...- .5 lbs.

So...basically the same. BUT that's okay. I started in the middle of the week so I knew it was going to be a super small number (if I ended up losing anything to begin with). And I also started working out...and I know that when you start working out, your body has to acclimate to that. Plus, with working out (and just because I know it's healthier) I've been trying to drink a lot more water than normal and until your body gets used to how much water you're taking in, that can affect your weight too.

Bottom line is, I'm not going to get disappointed. It's not like I can make a lifestyle change cold turkey (is a food metaphor really appropriate here?!) so I know it's going to be a hard road. I know there will be slip-ups--which there quite possibly may have been this week. However, I feel like overall, I did really well. Even just working out the past few days has made me feel so much better! In fact, the days that I didn't work out once I got membership, I could definitely tell a difference in, not only my body, but my mentality--about the day and just in general. I was definitely in a better mood and more positive and upbeat on the days I worked out. And feeling that difference makes me want to continue to work out. Also, eating healthier and smaller portions more often has definitely made a difference too.

Next weeks goal: 2 lbs!

1 comment:

The Straka's said...

good work, keep it up!!