Wednesday, November 26, 2008

reason #1 why i hate retail (especially liquidation)....and most of all, customers!!

*ring ring* (that's my pathetic phone)

me: Thank you for calling Linens N Things Roseville, this is Melanie, how may I direct your call?
customer: Hi, um, I was just wondering if you guys had a certain tablecloth...
me: Ok, what can I help you with?
customer: well, I was just wondering if you had any black tablecloths..
me: Unfortunately, we are all out of black tablecloths.
customer: oh. are you sure?
me: positive.
customer: well. um. can someone go check for me?
me: ma'am, I work in that section. We have no more black tablecloths.
customer: oh. well can someone just go check?
me: *trying really hard not to get frustrated but failing miserably* no ma'am, no one can go check because I personally know that we have no more black tablecloths.
customer: well...I heard that you guys got some trucks of stuff this week...could it be on there?
me: There were no tablecloths on either truck we got this week.
customer: Are you sure?
me: positive.
customer: well you got one today right? could it be in that stuff?
me: no...we have a list of what was on the truck and there were no black tablecloths.
customer: could you go check for me?
me: everything is in boxes
customer: ok could you go check for me?
me: no, i cannot go open 200 boxes to find out if there's a black tablecloth in there for you, especially because I already know there is not.
customer: oh ok. thanks!
me: *click*

Personally, I think I hung up about 3 minutes too late...oh and just for the record, this conversation was literally word for word.

No comments: