Monday, May 26, 2008

i'm not lame enough to...

...title this post the same as my facebook album...so i'll switch it up a bit: Cole and Melanie's days of fun!!! (friends anyone?) So this past weekend, Stef and Greg went up to Duluth for their anniversary/birthdays....and yay for me, I got to stay with Cole!! They left at about 10 on Friday morning and came back at about 4 in the afternoon on Saturday so I got some much needed auntie-nephew time with my godson! P.S. When Stef told me they would be home "between 4 and 7 on Saturday" I made a bet with myself that that meant 4 on the dot. I won.




This is Cole's mega excited face...he was super happy all weekend! (Don't worry Stef, I know he missed you!) But I was happy that he was happy...and plus who isn't more fun when they're happy anyways?!
Okay so during lunch on Friday, Cole thought it was really fun to clap. So I started clapping back at him and when I did that, he thought it was hilarious. Unfortunately clapping with a camera is quite difficult so I managed to get no smile out of Cole...just claps...
This is Cole, waiting extremely patiently for his lunch! Auntie doesn't work fast enough apparently...
During bathtime, I gave Cole a bunch of his toys and (before he found the Cascade bottle full of holes that took up 10 minutes of bath time) he had fun playing with his crayons...look what he wrote on the tub wall! And after he finished his name...check out what he wrote next....he loves his auntie!
I decided to give Cole a mohawk while his hair was wet...unfortunately that kid's hair grows so freakishly fast, it would fall over because it was so long!
So this is Cole's fro head after his bath....

And this is the Donald Trump sweepover I gave him!



Peek!!
I decided to take Cole to Como Zoo...I wanted to do something fun instead of just be boring and stay around the house so I thought Como could be a quick trip and we wouldn't mess with Cole's schedule. I promise he had fun even though it doesn't look like it in the following picture! He just wasn't quite sure what to think of the gorilla statue and I don't think he was used to the zoo yet...it was beyond crowded!!!
Then I decided to stand up Cole next to the gorilla---he started making this face that, until Stef and I saw this picture, we weren't sure where it came from. Well....pretty sure it came from this gorilla!!
Caela came with too and that was a lot of fun! Cole loves her (of course) and I absolutely love this picture of them!! See, he did smile!

I think Cole's favorite part was the lions. I think he liked the monkeys too but there were SOOO many people that we couldnt' really get close enough to see...but with the tiger, we got RIGHT up there! And with the lions, he could see them from across the glass...he MAY have banged on the glass a couple times (oops!) but I don't think the lion minded and it made Cole laugh so hey! whatever works...

And....one of my favorite pictures of Cole from the whole day!! This is while we were looking at the lions...I told you he loved them!

Soo...all in all, I had a GREAT time! And I hope Cole did too. I don't want to be a boring auntie so hopefully he has fun when he's with me! I'll probably post some pretty cute videos here soon...but you'll just have to wait on pins and needles for them! They are kind of to die for! Until then, I'm out!

2 comments:

The Straka's said...

You did not mention your big news!!!

Michelle said...

I use www.picnik.com! It's super fun and very addicting, so make sure you have lots of time on your hands! :)