Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's been awhile!

So...I've been absent for awhile. I go through spurts where I post a lot and then don't...have you noticed? haha Anyways, not much has been going on here...just trying to get over this sickness! I've been sick since last Thursday and pretty much despise going to the doctor. Actually, I had a little cold the week before I got this so this is really uncharted waters for me! Keep in mind that I literally get sick like once a year...and that's usually just a 2-3 day cold...I really do not get sick ever. (Stefanie is very similar to me in this way :) I don't what it is about us but we just don't get sick! We're lucky!)

Anywho, since I don't get sick very often, I really don't go to the doctor often. In fact, in high school/college, out of all my trips to the doctor, ONE was for being sick...all the rest? Yearly visits, sprained ankles, almost broken feet, etc. I may be a klutz (or just didn't wear the correct shoes playing basketball...haha) but I rarely get sick. Anywho, suffice it to say that even I know that, after a week, I should probably go see the doctor. She diagnosed me with 'viral pneumonia'...I wasn't aware there were distinctions...but apparantly there are? She also told me that most people who get pneumonia had a cold 1-2 weeks before they started feeling sick with this...that explains that little cold I had a couple weeks ago!

Anyways, I was already feeling a little better when I woke up this morning but I promised my mom I would go in on Thursday if I wasn't feeling tons better. So off I went. I had my mom listen to my chest the other day (she is a rockstar respiratory therapist after all!) and she said my breathing wasn't as loud as it should be...and that it sounded like a viral thing...she knows her stuff! haha I've just been trying to stay hydrated and rest as much as I can this week...I'm sleeping a little better at night but for the past few nights, I was awake so often coughing that I was just exhausted all day long...yuck! So hopefully today is the turnaround I've been waiting for!

So other than that, I haven't been up to too much lately...I went out with a few friends to do some photoshoots in the past few weeks...I was planning on putting up some pics but that will have to wait! I cleared all my pictures off my computer in hopes of freeing up some space...so I'll have to download a few and then put them up later! Perhaps tomorrow since I have nothing to do all day except sit at home?!

No comments: